Wednesday 30 October 2013

Something's Up With Jack

So i have recently been having a period of bad mental health and the reason I haven't been posting blogs as often as I would like is because I am trying to get myself up and out of that situation. I have been learning how to function and get sleep while working nights nearly full time and also attending full time classes, thank goodness I am only taking four this semester. Next semester I have five but the vast majority of those will be easy on me. Easy on me in the sense that I will be having professors that I love or that the subject matter is intrinsically interesting to me (for example: Religious Studies).

So wish me well, guys. Today is a new day I plan on working better at my school work. I decided that from midnight to four am at work I will do my homework and after that I can nap (yes, I have the best job ever that allows me to do that).

So this morning I am early for my Advanced Poetry class and I am just drinking a blue slush from Circle K (yes, it is winter here in Canada). I might write a poem actually.

WARNING to all future poets out there (this is something that I learned in my poetry class):

Poetry exposes your mental illnesses, it does not heal it.

So if you write poetry because you are depressed or because bad things happen or because you feel like killing yourself PLEASE SEEK HELP. It is great that you are writing poetry. Good for you, you rock. But seriously writing poetry alone cannot help you, it will just allow you to fester in your pain. Please seek help from a mental health professional or counsellor if it comes to a point where  it is debilitating or you are constantly thinking about suicide. If it's just that you would like to talk to someone look for anonymous crisis help lines in your area. You may think that what you are experiencing is not a crisis but trust me they get a whole range of phone calls.

Wow... that turned grim pretty quick.

Have a good day, bitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment